Saturday, August 14, 2010

Self Portrait_ Color Pencil

This is another practice of looking at a photography and sketching down what I see, except this time I did it on my own photo. I only spent about 2 to 3 hours working at this piece from beginning to end. I feel like a lot can be improved in this one, especially the proportion of the face and the colors I used. Again I used color pencils, both water-soluble and non-soluble. I spent a little more time, however, on checking the correctness of the shape of my face. At first my chin seemed to be sticking out too much as you can see below so I actually had to erase the mouth and the chin and redo them.  

=Work in Progress=


Outlining
(I used iPhoto to enhance this and the following pictures so it's easier to see... a little bit..)



Outlining




Putting on My Jacket..



First Layer of Coloring



Comparing with the original photo




No comments:

Post a Comment