Thursday, August 12, 2010

Lin Style Cheesecake


Last time I used the oven was during Christmas in 2009, long time ago and probably my first time since I came to US. This one came out to be way more successful than I thought it'd be. OREO is a really good ingredient for the bottom because its cookie part is not sweet at all (of course, not including the cream...; the cream was taken out) so there goes the ingredients(all-estimated proportion, no flour required):

=Cake Mixture 1=
-445 gram Cream Cheese
-40 gram powder sugar
-25 grams melted butter
-4 egg yolks
-1 egg white

=Cake Mixture 2=
-3 egg whites 
-70 gram~80 gram Graduated sugar 

=Bottom=
-OREO cookie part & Butter about 3:1

* the amount of sugars really depends on personal preference

The temperature I used is 428 Fahrenheit for the first 15~20 minutes and 300 Fahrenheit for another 40~60 minutes. Hot water is put on the tray to keep the moisture in the oven, you need about at least an inch deep. I used 8-inch round mold.

A reminder: don't try to take the cake out of the mold until it is completely cool, and the texture and taste will be a lot better if you leave it in the fridge after it is taken out of the mold for at least 6~10 hours.

If you want a complete steps of how I make this, contact me personally or leave a comment.
PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment